Thursday, June 11, 2009

Mystery Feeling

I wish I knew what exactly the feeling I get at work is. It's extremely hard to describe. I used to get it when I was younger and was taking piano lessons too. I would sit at the piano and hear my teacher talking to me, and the feeling would come over me.

Let's see if I can attempt a description. It's a feeling of extreme calm. Of relaxation, but not in the sense that I am relaxing at my desk. Often I will be working non-stop. It's like a mental white-wall that rests right behind what I am doing. It usually comes on in the afternoon, but not always. It seems to be associated with sound for me. The repetitive office sounds bring it on sometimes. But that's the only association I have discovered.

It's a pleasant sensation though. I now sit and wait for it to come in the late afternoon when I have been working all day on something. It's something to look forward too.

I wish I could do a better job at describing it. Maybe it's a sort of euphoria or reverie or something. All I know is it's nice, and I'd like to better understand it.

No comments:

Post a Comment